Lenten sweets are usually mythical recipes that are passed from generation to generation and hardly change over time. In these days of Holy Week we offer you one of our favorites, French toast, only in a much healthier way and one that will surely convince you as soon as you try it. The key is to give up excess oil and bet on the air fryer . You do not know how?
We start with the traditional version of French toast with milk, sugar and cinnamon. To start, we need the following ingredients, taking into account that the quantities are indicative:
The procedure for cooking these delicious Lenten sweets is really simple:
- You should cut the bread into slices around 1 cm thick (or you can also use special bread for French toast) and place it in a large dish.
- Heat the milk together with cinnamon and sugar over medium heat in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves and the milk begins to boil. Turn off the heat and let cool for a while.
- Next, pour the milk over the bread, covering both sides. Let it soak in well for a few minutes .
- Meanwhile, in a deep plate, beat the eggs.
- Dip each slice dipped in the milk into the beaten egg, coating well on both sides.
- Instead of frying them directly with oil, place parchment paper on the tray of the air fryer and drizzle with a little oil .
- Heat for about 10 minutes at 180º and turn them over until golden brown on both sides.
- Finally, on a plate, mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the still hot French toast.
If you haven't gotten your hands on an air fryer yet, you'll love this recipe as soon as you try it. These French toast with hardly any oil or sugar will be much more tender after a few hours.